MUSIC RAVE TECHNO

Breaks, Bass and Bleeps

This was probably the first compilation I bought of “rave” tracks that I can remember, it was around the same time that Deep Heat compilations were polluting car stereos, so this release on Rumour particularly stuck out as something that sounded different but in a nice way. Another compilation I had was something called subsonic bleeps, which was a lot deeper, but some thieving junky decided they would take ownership of that with out my permission. Anyway back to the Breaks, Bass and Bleeps, listening back to this, most tracks obviously sounded terribly dated, but this release had some quite sublime tunes on the release that were not that easy to find back then. LFO – Brainstorm (not the same LFO who done errr LFO on Warp) was one of my favourite tracks on the release, it was bass heavy, quite minimal and somehow drew my attention inwards inducing me into an hypnotic state, deep music.  The other winner was Mental Cube – Q, one of the many monikers of Future Sound of London, with that massive synth sweep intro and emotional synthetic bleeps. The follow up releases were never as good as the first compilation in my opinion, maybe because the music was getting harder, faster etc, but they did not capture that soul of the first release, at least not for me anyway.  My vinyl copy of the LP is in bad shape after being hammered for many years, plus the pressing was quite poor with low audio signals, so I managed to find some tinterweb links of what looks like a CD rip of Vol 1 & 2, so hopefully the quality will be quite good.

Breaks Bass Bleeps Vol 1&2 Part 1.rar
Breaks Bass Bleeps Vol 1&2 Part 2.rar
Breaks Bass Bleeps Vol 1&2 Part 3.rar

CD1

01.The Exorcist
 02.Q
 03.Dance Tones (Stoned Mix)
 04.The Jokers
 05.Brainstorm Part 1
 06.Evolution
 07.A Few Dollars More
 08.T.T.O. (O.T.T. Mad Bastard Mix)
 09.Deja Vu
 10.The Scheme
 11.Ital's Anthem
 12.Themes
 13.Teknologi (R.J. Flip Mix)

CD2

Tracklist:
 01.Anasthasia (Out Of History Mix)
 02.High On Hope (Out Of The Blue Remix)
 03.One Step Ahead (B.I.D. Mix)
 04.The Sanity Clause (Stoopid)
 05.Slam (The Mental Coma Dub)
 06.Nightmare
 07.House Fly (Radical Rockers Remix)
 08.Spiral Symphony (The Magic Synthony In C Minor)
 09.Original Style
 10.Catching Spyders (In This Place Remix)
 11.Rainbows In The Sky
 12.The Rush
 13.Future (Original Version)

• DaveZoOm
    23/11/2011 - 16:00 | Permalink

Abslote cracking album Tim. I wore one thin had to buy another copy recently.

Love the Brainstorm & Candy Flip tracks

-Dave

• DaveZoOm
    23/11/2011 - 16:07 | Permalink

Absolute cracking album Tim. I only had vol 1 but wore it thin & had to buy another copy.

Love the Brainstorm & Candy Flip tracks

-Dave

• Pete
    26/11/2011 - 20:56 | Permalink

Itals Anthem is a cracker. Had this on in a mates a while ago. Good man!

• 13/12/2011 - 13:08 | Permalink

Now *that* is a proper flashback! I bought this on tape, aged 15, and wore it out over the years. One of the few times I ever felt ahead of the game with music was taking this to a squat some friends had just started in late 1990, whacking it on, and everyone in the place (including all the people I thought were really, *really* fucking cool) dancing to it for an hour or so…

(Oh, and is this the same blog that used to be at theacidhouse.wordpress? If so THANKYOU for the Colin Dale ‘Can’t wait until tonight’ mix – recently re-found it while sorting though an old hard-drive and have listened to nothing else for days – don’t suppose you had a tracklist?)

(Oh, and one more thought – would you be interested in reviewing a new book we have just released? It’s an illustrated novel set in the Bristol free-party/squat scene, following a group of partyheads over one life-changing weekend – let me know if yr interested: spanneredbooks@gmail.com.)

cheers! Bert

• a.p.p.crew
    11/01/2012 - 20:12 | Permalink

MERCI ( Bleeps & Bass Forever ! ).

• 07/02/2012 - 22:03 | Permalink

ace – had the tape of this too – Itals Anthem was the one for me

• Brewster
    13/09/2012 - 10:54 | Permalink

Top Pick…!!
    vol 2 was just as good..
    do you have it you should post it.!!