MIXES RAVE

This is Acid 1988

The following mix has more squelch than wellington boots at Glastonbury, sent in from Nick from the amazing oldskoolmixes.com website. The site is a collective of old skool mixes from Nick Cheshire, Rick Stenhouse and Sean O’Keefe that lean towards the old skool hardcore sound, also they put up for free mixes from the Legendary DJ Hype and shows from London Pirates Fantasy FM, Friends FM.

Nick Cheshire – This is Acid 1988

Download – This Is Acid 1988

Tracklisting
01) Charles B “Lack of Love”
02) Pierres Fantasy Club “Dream Girl”
03) Phuture “Slam”
04) Phuture “Phuture Will Survive”
05) Laurent X “Machines”
06) Six Brown Brothers “Battery Acid”
07) Tyree “Acid Over”
08) Jolly Rodger “Acid Man”
09) Model 500 “Interference”
10) Maurice “This Is Acid”
11) Annette “Dream 17”
12) Fast Eddie “Acid Thunder”
13) Baby Ford “Oochy Koochy”
14) Bam Bam “Wheres Your Child”
15) Bobby Konders “Nervous Acid”

• Nick Cheshire
    26/04/2010 - 07:15 | Permalink

670 of you have downloaded this mix not even 1 comment ,I find that sad hope you enoyed the mix !!!!

• 26/04/2010 - 08:12 | Permalink

Agreed Nick ….it is the way of the world though mate …..this site gets hundreds of visits a day, with hundreds of files being downloaded ….but people are obviously too busy in their lives to say thanks or leave the occasional comment……I questions why I bother thesedays mate

• late leech
    28/05/2010 - 18:29 | Permalink

Thanks to both of you! I’ve listened to 2-3 mixes from here, but I had a good time just browsing the posts. You got here some really great presentations, I for one don’t have much to add to your knowledge :(

I just today found the site from some really non-acid google search. I think the lack of comments may partly be for people may not know what exactly they’ll be getting before they listen… afterwards they may be too busy, dunno ;)

• Essil
    27/07/2010 - 18:22 | Permalink

Brings back a few hazy memories. Thanks for the mix. Nice one. Just downloading now and going to have a flashback before bedtime. Keep up the mixing and I am sure many appreciate everyone’s effort with each mix. I for one know how much effort goes into preparing a mix, the practicing and then the final cut / dashing for toilet breaks and trying to much on a sanger inbetween. Nice one.

E

• Justin
    23/05/2011 - 18:55 | Permalink

One word, fanfuckingtastic! Classic Chicago Acid House with a Detroit edge. This one is going straight on the good ol’ Zune.

• Taylor
    29/04/2013 - 18:53 | Permalink

My first real introduction to Acid House, I love it. It’s got me hooked.Thank you for mixing this up!