BALEARIC MIXES MUSIC

If I Were A Balearic Dj I’d Be Playin’ Tunes Like This Mix …. DJ Nova back again.

Ok so it may be cold and wet outside the dwelling of The Acid House, but my friend DJ Nova from the sunshine soaked Mediterranean country of Greece has sent us a mix to brighten our days up. Yes DJ Nova from Rodon FM95 has produced another find Balearic mix for you to get your ears tingeling, track list below.

If I Was A Balearic Dj I’d Be Playin’ Tunes Like This Mix …

Official Mix 001:

12. Rhythm Factory – Africa Rhythm (Sax Mix) – 1992

13. James Taylor Quartet – Breakout – 1989

Download here http://www.sendspace.com/file/zmr2z3

August 2008 SuNTouch Production By Dj Nova

• Brian
    14/11/2008 - 00:44 | Permalink

It was too slow for me, but I’m sure there’s a few out there that will like this.

Hey, are you still accepting submissions at the Acid House? I submitted a mix a while back, but heard nothing back.

Keep up the good work, though, man. You are an absolute God, I swear, I love this site.

• 14/11/2008 - 09:53 | Permalink

ez Brian… yep I am still accepting submissions…sometimes emails get spam filtered or just get lost amongst the advertising crap that comes through….re-send it again m8ty and I’ll put it on the site…cheers Tim

• 17/11/2008 - 17:41 | Permalink

A DJ that could REALLY REALLY REALLY move a crowd playing much slower dance tunes DURING peak hours in a club setting is a talented DJ. (Forget for a moment playing for a loungey crowd but for a crowd of serious dancers.)

This is true ESPECIALLY if the venue isn’t promoting that its DJ plays a lot of slower dance and, INSTEAD, the DJ just does so at the right moments during the course of the night. (Yes a variety of tempos brings out the best in dancers… real dancers, that is.)

This was the case at clubs like the Paradise Garage & The Loft (amongst so many other NYC spots) in the 70′s, 80′s and early 90′s.

Seemingly everyone got it twisted now – believing that tunes must be high tempoed to really get people seriously groovin’ on the dancefloor. That wasn’t the case when the scene was TRULY underground.

Now, people want to promote playing slower dance music like it’s something new when in fact slower dance music and higher tempo dance tunes alike are necessary to broaden the journey for the DJs and dancers alike.

Anyway, I still got to snatch a copy of that Wally Badarou joint. Always really liked that tune.

• 17/11/2008 - 17:42 | Permalink

Oh yeah, I haven’t listened to this set yet but plan on it.

SoulFunkLifestyles Universally Converging !!!

• 24/11/2008 - 18:33 | Permalink

2 bryan: thank u for ur comment bryan and for listening my balearic soundscape… pitty that u don’t like but really happy that u expressed that… hope next time will satisfied you more… all the bests from me

2 SoulFunkLifestyle: what can i say? thank you, ur words makes me feel like a very important part of a puzzle that like 2 follows really different even old directions that after so many years are sounded so fresh… about wally badarou i can only say that he was 15 years in the future… i was too young 2 understand deeply his vibe but was something like a big suprice hearing music like this in the mid 80′s from some unknown incredible pirates mix tapes… hope you will enjoy it… it is a wedding between my first music love – the italo disco era with the afro balearic sound … many 12” gots afro mixed version that usually was instrumental in reality and was like an extension of cosmic sound mixed with the more overground sound from the hunderds if milano based labels…

• italocarlito
    26/11/2009 - 11:03 | Permalink

i love all these “If i was a Balearic DJ” sets, it’s really warm and un-trendy music nowadays, it’s defo non-aligned to the commercial “fashion” that sees all these perfectly 4/4 horribly polished productions for zombies, and yes i really agree with the fact that only talented DJs are able to heat up an audience with such a playlist……oh, and did i tell you already that i LOVE your blog?? keep up the great work!

• gary
    05/09/2010 - 17:05 | Permalink

Hi Dj Nova Rodon FM 95.
    I would be really grateful if you could please re-up your “If I Was A Balearic Dj I’d Be Playin’ Tunes Like This” mixes.
    I thought the first one was fantastic. Unfortunately send space has deleted the others.

• daeman